Welcome to Senior Men’s 55+ PMCC’s Golden Boys League
Starts October 03, 2023
The Christmas Luncheon will be held on December 12, 2023
Starts January 9, 2024
Luncheon & AGM – March 12, 2024
If our League is always looking for curlers and we always have room for spares.
We will be curling with the “five-rock free guard zone” for the 2022/23 season
Key Items of Curling Etiquette
- Stand still and to the sides of the sheet when the other team is delivering a stone.
- Wear clean, appropriate footwear and clothing that will not shed or damage the ice.
- Keep your gear (grippers, gloves, delivery devices, brooms, etc.) well clear of the standing area behind the hacks. Place small items, to the side, behind your own team’s stones.
- Be ready to go, with your rock cleaned, when it’s your turn to deliver.
- Eight ends should be easily completed in two hours.
The Senior Men’s league takes individual sign-ups. The Executive then assigns players to each team. In January, the teams are changed and curlers are reassigned to a new team.
The Fall Session usually begins in early October and ends in mid-December. There is a Christmas Wind-up Luncheon immediately following the final games.
The Spring Session begins in early January and ends in mid-March. There is a Wind-up Luncheon along with the Annual General Meeting immediately following the final games.
All Curlers are encouraged to socialize after the game. Join us upstairs for refreshments.
We play a round robin each half and a highly cherished Winner’s Badge is awarded to each member of the top team. There are two plaques (one for each session) engraved with the names from the first place teams on display in the lounge trophy cabinet.
League fees include the Christmas Luncheon on our last day of curling in December and a League Closing Luncheon in March.
The Senior Men’s – Tuesday Mornings league always participates in the Port Moody Curling Club Championship in March.
We’re always on the lookout for spares to join our spares list. For more details, please refer to our MEMBERS page.